Termite Chemical Barrier Treatments
Restwell offers comprehensive termite chemical treatments. These are also known as chemical barrier treatments.
Termite chemical treatments are important way to protect your home from future termite infestation.
Restwell uses Termidor which is a no smell low toxicity product provided by BASF. This product;
- will not repel termites and therefore they cannot avoid the treatment.
- will prevent concealed termite entry to structures for a minimum of 8 years on ALL TERMITE SPECIES - a claim no other termite control product can make.
- Its fast - on average, termite activity was eliminated within 4.3 weeks in Australian trials.
- has a unique mode of action.
- has the unique TRANSFER EFFECT™
- is less water-soluble and binds more tightly to the organic matter in soil than other non-repellent termiticides. This means it stays where it is applied.
- has no effect on soil micro-organisms, earth worms or plants.
- has been used on over 15,000 buildings in Australia since its introduction in 2002.
Restwell is an Accredited Termidor Applicator
Any Licensed Pest Controller can purchase Termidor. BASF has recently introduced an accreditation program for Termidor applicators. This program is designed to provide specialist training to selected Pest Control Operators in the correct usage of Termidor. A voluntary program such as this has never before been undertaken in the Pest Control Industry.
Why we use Termidor
- The product has been proven across Australia and throughout the world to work quickly through the unique "Transfer Effect". This effect means that the treatment not only provides a barrier to termite entry, but may also be transferred to other termites and wipe out the entire colony.
- Termidor has been extensively tested under Australian conditions, including the treatment of 22 termite-infested houses across five states under an experimental use permit. The results were outstanding, with 100% control achieved (on average) within 4.3 weeks.
- Termidor is non-repellent. This means termites cannot detect the product and will not avoid the treated area. As a result, termites continue to forage through the soil, until they encounter the Termidor treated zone and pick up a lethal dose. With repellant termiticides, gaps in the treatment may be found and exploited by termites, and this means failure.
How Safe is the Termidor Chemical Treatment
Termidor is one of the most thoroughly reviewed termite control products in history. Termidor has been assessed by the Australian Pesticide and Veterinary Medicine Authority and Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing and is fully approved for use in domestic situations. Termidor is applied at some of the lowest doses of any of the termiticides available today. In addition, the active ingredient is used extensively on food crops around the world and as the leading product for flea and tick control on dogs and cats in Australia since 1996.
Following the removal of termites from inside your home, a chemical barrier treatment in accordance with Australian Standard Series 3660, is a necessary step to aid in the protection of the home from future termite attack.